Sunday, July 3, 2011

My first gig: The results!

Hey everyone!
So here are the pictures of the girls with their makeup!
I had to take them as soon as possible, because they had to rush out the door and get to the wedding!
Nonetheless, I will be using these shots as the first in my portfolio, so I'm very happy about that!

These pictures haven't been retouched or color corrected in any way. I literally just uploaded them asap to share with everyone because I'm so happy with the results and wanted to share with you all.

Now keep in mind, I understand that for photographable makeup, everything should be matte...But these girls LOVE shimmer and glitter. And while I gave my recommendations and advice, my bottom line is to make everyone happy and feel beautiful! So shimmer it was! ^^;;;;

For each girl, I did the full-face application, eyeshadow, and false lashes. I did the lips and eyebrows of a few of the girls. Others had their own personal lipstick/gloss preferences, or didn't want their brows filled in.

Click on the photos to expand! WOOT for a good camera! :P

Karen is half-Korean like me, and we have a very similar eye shape and the same skin tone! I thought that was really interesting :P
So Karen loves shimmer, and she really likes her shadows dark. So I opted for a neutral-ish eye, using colors from the Naked Palette. I also used a tiny bit of black for the outer corner, and a touch of pink on the lid (as per her request after she saw the bride's pink shadow). Don't mind her tan line! She said she's been getting tons of sun lately. :)

 Oh gosh...I forgot her name, but her makeup turned out the best of the bunch in my opinion! She has naturally amazing skin, so I barely used anything to even out her skin tone, and thank GOODNESS my MAC NW20 concealer was the perfect match for her! I just used a tad on her barely there under eye circles. Besides that, I used a tiny bit of blush and bronzer and the Naked Palette on her eyes.

I never got this girl's name either. :( But she came to me with her Bare Minerals Foundation and Warmth bronzer (she mixes the 2 together for her perfect foundation shade). She wanted no shadow on the lids and blue on the lower lashline (like Amanda's below), and false lashes and really pink blush. I think it turned out great as well! I had to talk her into putting a nude shade (MAC Ricepaper, to be exact) on her lid and lining her eyes, but it was definitely worth it in the end. :) She has the prettiest eye shape!

 This is my lovely Amanda! She wanted a pop of color on the lower lashline, so I did her eyes very neutral and light, but used turquoise liner and blue shadows. She also wanted lashes, but wanted the emphasis to be on the outer corners, so I used half-lashes on her. Since she's not used to wearing heavy  makeup, she was really self-conscious about the lashes and blue liner, but once she put her royal blue dress on, she loved it.

 Last but not least, here is the beautiful bride, Crystal!!! She LOVES MAC, and came to me with ALL of her makeup: eyeshadow, liner, foundation, and blush! I just applied her favorite things for her and filled in her brows. Isn't she beautiful?!?! The only thing is that she LOVES super thick eyeliner, and I don't think the eyeliner I did for her was thick enough, because she made it thicker and darker later. :P

I wish her (and all of the lovely ladies I worked with today) happiness! I'm so happy I got this great opportunity to do a bridal party's makeup for the first time, and I learned so much and had so much fun in the process.
It was tiring and hard work, but so worth it in the end to see them camwhoring because they loved their makeup so much! hehehee!


Hope you all enjoy the pics! Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Phoebe Limanta said...

You did such an amazing job hun! Well done!! :D

Janel L said...

Awesome job!! You should totally film your process.